Content Moderator (Chennai, India)
Location: Onsite in Chennai, India
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Model: Fixed-Term Employment; Full-time
Start Date: October 2023
End Date: October 2024
DataForce by TransPerfect is currently looking for a Content Moderator to join our on-site team on a fixed-term assignment in Chennai, India.
A Content Moderator plays a crucial role in maintaining the quality and integrity of user-generated content on digital platforms. Responsible for enforcing community guidelines and policies, they review, evaluate, and make decisions regarding the suitability of content, ensuring a safe and respectful online environment. They meticulously label and annotate data, ensuring that it's accurately tagged for training algorithms. Their work involves labeling various types of data, such as images, text, or audio, contributing to the development of technologies that rely on pattern recognition, and data-driven decision-making.
The Content Moderator holds the primary responsibility for upholding the quality of tasks associated with moderation, annotation, and transcription, ensuring excellence in each aspect of their work.
- Ensure high-quality annotations that contribute to the training and evaluation of machine learning models.
- Acquire necessary skills for particular tasks, like recognizing specific content within images or videos, composing text descriptions aligned with audio or text, responding to survey questions, and more.
- Enhance annotation efficiency and pass rates based on continuous improvement driven by quality control outcomes.
- Listen to audios and rectify any errors in the algorithmic auto-transcription by comparing it with the actual audio broadcasts.
- Understand the brand and relate to the sense of urgency to protect the community.
- Showcase capacity to swiftly make decisions guided by community/platform standards and relevant laws.
- Possess technological proficiency and feel at ease using digital platforms to assess and identify unsuitable content.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve content policies and guidelines.
- Adapt to changes in annotation tasks or guidelines as the project evolves.
- Follow data privacy and security protocols to protect sensitive information.
- Collaborate with team members and project managers to address questions and concerns.
- Meet productivity and quality targets set by the project management teams.
Required skills and competencies
- Ability to handle intensive typing requirements.
- Typing rate of 60 words per minute.
- Excellent critical-thinking and analytical skills.
- Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Resilient and mentally ready to deal with sensitive and challenging content.
Required experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Proficient in English writing, reading, listening, and speaking at a B2 level or higher.
Please note: Applicants will be asked to take a short English Language Test and a Typing Test during the application process to ensure that the above requirements are met. Only candidates who pass both of the tests will be considered for this position.
Preferred skills and experience
- Background in Localization/translation is beneficial.
- Minimum of one year experience in content moderation or a related field.
- Experience in working as data annotator and/or transcriber.
- Established competency in the use of business applications and collaboration tools, including but not limited to the Microsoft suite of applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams) and Google Workspace suite of products.
DataForce by TransPerfect is part of the TransPerfect family of companies, the world’s largest provider of language and technology solutions for global business, with offices in more than 100 cities worldwide. We offer high-quality data for Human-Machine Interaction to some of the most prestigious technology companies in the world. Our department focuses on gathering, enriching and processing data for Machine Learning in different AI domains.
To learn more about DataForce please visit us at https://www.transperfect.com/dataforce