Linguist - Swedish
DataForce by TransPerfect is currently looking for a part-time Freelance Linguist with native level proficiency in Swedish, who has a BA or higher degree in linguistics, or has taken 3 or more courses in undergraduate or higher level courses in Linguistics, including Phonology/Phonetics. The project is ready to start straight away and will run for approximately 5 months.
We offer a flexible schedule of between 10-20 hours per week working from the comfort of your home.
- Evaluating linguistic material for its adherence to standard Swedish.
- Proofreading to see that text is being normalized in a manner appropriate for Swedish.
- Recordings Quality Analysis – check that recordings are being uttered appropriately by the voice talents (no background noises, lip-smacking, disfluencies, or idiosyncrasies such as sibilance);
- Voice evaluation – evaluate that voice samples follow the client-defined criteria
- Miscellaneous linguistic tasks in Swedish including but not limited to phonetic and/or phonemic transcription.
- Native proficiency of Swedish.
- Fluency in English
- Minimum undergraduate degree in linguistics or related field
- Prior experience with linguistic data, especially voice or phonetic data
- Strong attention to detail with ability to turn around deliverables on a tight schedule
- Attention to detail and ability to follow guidelines
- Personal computer or laptop with a reliable Internet connection
- Teamwork and ability to collaborate on shared documents
Please note, after you apply, you will receive an email with further instructions, you would need to check your SPAM folder as well, as the emails sometimes end up there.
For more information about us, please visit our website: https://www.transperfect.com/dataforce.
For inquiries, please contact us at DataForce.Sourcing@transperfect.com and use the job title as the subject of the email.
DataForce is part of the TransPerfect family of companies, the world’s largest provider of language and technology solutions for global business with
offices in more than 100 cities worldwide.